About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

done!

Today was the last day of our English camp. We had an amazing group of students from Riga and also from other areas around Latvia. Comparing to some of the other camps that have been going on this summer with Josiah Venture, this was a small camp. Yet I was very happy to see that the group was smaller than usual.
I was so proud of he high school group from Red mountain that I was so blessed to be a part of and blessed to have a chance to lead. They are an amazing group and my heart is overjoyed at the life changing experience that they have expressed.
Check out the link below in my previous entry for more on the students and their experiences so far. They have been trying to keep up a blog of their own and it also as pictures and information on each of them.

Yet I would have to say the best part of my trip was and is at this moment, my girls from the orphanage! They made a last minute disiion to come to the camp. what an amazing gift from God to have the people who I love so dearly with me during this short trip.

Yet I feel my heart already breaking at the thought of yet again saying goodbye. I do not know why I put myself in such a hard poison to feel so much love and then allow it to be ripped away again and again… please pray for that!

On the other side of this sadness I am feeling though is a huge excitement knowing that when leaving this time, it will be the last goodbye, and the last time I will have to say I did not have enough time. I am so excited to be here and to share the love that Jesus has given me with these girls, with the youth of Latvia and whoever God brings into my life!




So that is it! We are here for a couple more days and then it is back to Arizona for as long as it takes to raise the rest of the money needed to be a full time missionary here! So, again another big prayer request!

Thank you all for your love and your interest n what God is doing here!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

So glad to see that you're having an awesome trip!! We are in California right now. We leave for China on Tuesday. We're drained emotionally right now. The last days before leaving are stressful!! But we're totally excited that we are on our way. We got to meet one of our 6 teammates so far.

We got to see Judy again. Her application for Latvia is in. She's just waiting to hear. Anyway, we're thinking about you. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»