About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Monday, December 10, 2007

A little clarification

I was please to get feed back from someone back who really cares about me and what is going on here in Latvia. It was brought to my attention that I am lacking in the area of sharing with you all how I am sharing Christ to the people around me! Wow, that is so true! Sometimes I get so caught up in life here and all the “things” that are happening that I forget to share with you the joy I am experiencing in ministry here! I apologize. And I will do my best to be more ready to share the “God stories” before “My stories”! I ask for your forgivness in this.

I would like to share with you really quick the difference between ministries here for me depending on the season, so you can get an idea of where my focus is at a certain time. Summer ministry is full of evangelism and sharing Christ with the youth around Latvia. Full of energy, relationships, and evangelism. (Honestly my favorite time of the year!).
But just as important (if not more) is the Winter season. This is focused on building into the relationship already established and discipling and encouraging. Intro to Youth Ministry is one of those types of programs that give me that opportunity.
Summer, I am out and about with the purpose of sharing Christ through spoken word and life lived out.
Winter has a different feel as the days are shorter and MUCH colder, things slow down and give me a chance to meet one on one with students and really pour into them.

I open the door wide open for anyone at anytime to let me know if I am lacking in any area when it come to communicating to you through this blog, website, or monthly updates. Thank you for caring. Thank you for your support. Thank you for your prayers!

No comments: