About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The inner struggle…

...I did not expect to be so broken when RMCC got here. My emotions were all over the place as I watched these dear youth that I have watched grow up serving the Lord in such amazing ways and watching them be stretched and grow in so many ways… it made me want to go back to Arizona with them!!!

I found myself for the first time ever questioning my “call” to Latvia! I was experiencing so many blessings being with youth from my own culture and language I kept asking God why he had me in Latvia where I feel so handicapped relationally and spiritually because of language and culture! Not only that, being with some of the girls that I have invested in the past years before I came to Latvia and being able to continue to speak into their lives again had me shook to the core… all I wanted is to be there for them. Yet I knew they were only here for a few short weeks and then return to AZ and I would be here in Latvia… what the heck was God doing to my heart!???

I am still hurting inside as I just said my goodbyes to the Arizona team and I am still shook for sure, yet there is this solid assurance deep inside my heart that I am right where I need to be. And I will continue to trust the Lord that he has me where I am for a reason. But I could defiantly use your prayers as I work through the pain of watching the dear students from Arizona leave and me stay behind and continue to serve here where God has me.

No comments: