About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I dimmed "my light"...

Many may know, many may not know, but I have been bumming about finding a place to live for a while (ha-ha, well two weeks). I have been complaining and feeling sorry for myself. I have had so many thoughts that are not glorifying to my Jesus.
During our weekly meeting a verse was brought up about the very thing that I have been guilty of, and I am convicted.

Do EVERYTHING without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you SHINE LIKE STARS in the universe.
Philippians 2:14 +15

Through my unbelief that my Jesus is in control of this, that his timing is better than mine, I have found myself not content. I have found myself depressed and unmotivated. Through my complaining I have expressed outwardly my disbelief that God is in control.

And because of that my light has been dimmed.

I am embarrassed, I am humbled.

I have come to shine the light of Christ and in the battle of spirit and flesh I have allowed my sinful desires to cover the very light I have come to shine!

May this be an experience that will stay with me throughout my years of following my Jesus, so that I will be more aware of the subtle yet fierce battle to allow Christ to shine through me!

No comments: