About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Spot of Reality...

Thanksgiving day came and went for me like every other day thus far here. I have been away from home more than once during holidays and special times so I knew the feeling I was having was about normal. Yet I found myself so lonely. Lonely with so many people around me, lonely when I had people I loved and I knew loved me right by my side!
To say the least Thanksgiving Day was difficult for me.
I could not stop thinking about my family and my friends, and the traditions, the smells, the food, the hugs, the jokes, the ladies in the kitchen, the guys watching football… all of it! It just played in the back of my head all day. Then even thinking of the crazy day of “shop till you drop” the day after! All of it!!!
It was hard.

No comments: