About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Good shoes…



So I learned yet another lesson last night! Good shoes in cold weather are a must! ;)

So yesterday morning I woke up to snow! And it snowed most of the day! Very cool. So I was prepared! I layered up and I was thinking about what shoes to wear and well I have these shoes that are quite old, but I love them and if I double socked I would be fine. But when I went to put them on I realized the sole was cracked all the way across the bottom. Hmmm that is a bummer! How can I fix that? * Bing! * DUCKTAPE!!! So I taped up the inside and outside of my shoe! That will keep the wet out…or so I thought!

When about my day, quite warm for the most part. I was proud of my Arizona born, yet taking on this COLD day with gusto!!! Yeah I can do this I can live here! Later that night I was in a church attending their youth night with some youth, and then we decided to go get coffee after. We walked for a mile or so and then sat and had some coffee. At this point I realized my feet were pretty cold (one more than the other) and I just though, guess these shoes are not gonna hack it for this cold weather…* note to self*.

After coffee it was time to take the bus journey home! From the center I have to take two different busses both taking about 30-30 min. yet tonight it took much longer… the traffic was terrible, I think there were a few accidents on the road I was on. Anyway, I was late catching my bus at 10:39 pm… I got there at 10:45!!! Yes..welp next bus: 11:55pm! -0 degree weather, one hour, yep I am gonna die! Actually many things during that hour kept my attention. A lot of drunk people, a fight with the drunk people, a group of guys (who were drunk) coming to and trying to talk to me. Then trying to speak English. A drunk guy throwing up about 2 feet away! Yeah time flew by! Ha-ha!

Anyway about 15 min in I started feeling a lot of pain in my foot. I just thought it was cold, and that went on for the whole hour I was there. When the bus finally came I really couldn’t feel my foot, but I figured it would thaw out in the bus. When I got on the bus I realized I couldn’t move my toes! I thought, FROST BITE!!! I don’t even know what it feels like or how you get it, but I have seen terrible things in movies! So as I was sitting next to a grumpy old woman just glaring at me I took off my shoe and my socks…they were soaked!!!!! Oh man stupid Duck Tape didn’t work!

So all that to say, my favorite pair of shoes have been retired :(

*Note to all the cold weather people
Laugh all you want, and yes I know this is not a cultural thing. But in a way it is to me so… yeah! Whatever ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jaycee, Even though you are suffering a bit you still have that delightful sense of humor that makes me love you so much. Reading your blog has made my day a little bit brighter. I need a list of stuff to send you. Keep up the sweet spirit. I love you.
Leslie