About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I need Prayer!

Yesterday I woke up for work ready to take on the world…by the end of the day all I wanted to do was cry like a little baby, quit…go back to America!

What happen you may ask?

Well as many of you know I have been looking for an apartment since I arrived over 5 months ago, after two months of looking I thought I found one, all we had to do is wait for the remodel to be finished (which was stated to be complete within a few weeks)…

… 3 months later…

Still waiting, but knowing I will have a place to live soon!

Then yesterday…

I lost the apartment! It is quite a long story of how and why, but the short end is that there was a girl who was going to live above us in this new apartment, but it was only a room…no water, no bathroom, kitchen, washing machine, and word got out that we were expected to allow her to have free use of all of our toilet, bathroom, kitchen and washing machine! First I thought this was a joke, but as we soon found out it was not!

They never told us this while we were waiting to move in. we called the landlord and asked if this was indeed correct, and she said it was and there in nothing really they can do about it! Hmmm.

Well I am sooo desperate to finally unpack my life from all the bags and boxes it has been in for the past 5 month, I was not really caring about the situation…BUT my team was! Scott, Lisa, and Liva all were very animate that this was not right and I shouldn’t live there with that situation. And this opinion was not just from them but every person who heard about it thought it was absolutely weird!

So after crying for about an hour or two, I have begun to search yet again for an apartment!!! I am back at square one! After 3 months of waiting, and anticipating…now this…again!

I am trying to see Jesus in this, but I am not going to lie and say that I understand this or am ok with it…
I am hurt, because my Jesus has allowed this. I am confused at why, and I don’t know if I will get an answer.

But one thing I do trust in is that no matter the situation or how I feel, I am deeply loved by Jesus, and he will provide.
He has a plan in this that I cannot see, and His ways are above mine. He is and will do something in this and that is exciting to be apart of!
My joy returns in the moments that I think about Him and his sovereign plan in all of this… but I am finding it hard to keep that focus right now… can you please pray?

5 comments:

Chad&Polina said...

we have many responses to this, but in short- We prayed for you are will pray for you.
Remember how The Lord works in Mysterious ways, when we were in latvia the apartment we had lined up for us to move into in Chicago fell through. We came to chicago and we did not have a place to stay- we were about to stay in a half way house because EVERY hotel was booked under $300- because of a massive convention. In last resort we called pastor ronnie who was out of town, to find out He had got back. Long story short, he graciously housed us and helped us look for an apartment, the one we wanted didnt work out and we ended up moving in the hood, which was a blessing- where we learned alot about expectations, rights, injustice, safety-as a blessing not a right. A year later we moved into the apartment I had lined up in Chicago while I was in Latvia. This was a apartment in the building that became unavailable because pastor ronnie moved in, who would one day house us and help us look for an apartment then, Ronnie would moved next door and we would move in His apartment. It was a rocky ride at times, but man it is truly a blessing to be here.
Love ya siter-
seek Christ first and don't doubt his leading no matter how cracked out and irrational it sounds at times he will sustain you.

Joe Brooks said...

i know my words dont really hold much weight, but i pray the Lord would bless you and comfort you during this time. i know He will. kinda like chad was saying, in hindsight i know this situation will show that God did have a purpose in allowing this to happen and maybe that purpose is that one day our roles will be reversed and youll be commenting on my blog about how God was faithful (even when it didnt feel like it) and how life sucked for a few months BUT He was faithful to provide a place for you to live. alright jaycee, youll be on my mind.

Anonymous said...

Jaycee-
I just want you to know that you have reached me in so many ways, and that the least i could do is pray for you. i know that God is with you in this entire adventure, even though we want you here in our own adventures in life. thank you again for inspiring me to choose God over myself and my securities. right now it is especially coming into play in my life.

love always--
jessi

Brandon and Jenny said...

Girl...I know what it is like to have unmet expectations...I am praying that God will bring you a place to live, and that He will reveal the whys of this particular situation. For me at least, it is easier to deal when I know the whys. I love you!
Jenny

Charlie and Mary Kay said...

Jaycee -
I am praying that the opening will come soon - sometimes we just have no clue why God does things the way he does. In some ways we gripe about our housing here in Ghana - the boys both have nearly an hour's drive each way back and forth to school, and Mary Kay and I had started talking about finding some place closer to their school, especially since we live on the far side of Methodist University from their school, so an equal commute for me would halve their trip.

But then, Chip tells me that he and Ken have pretty much adjusted to the trip by now, and since the University is providing the housing for us, and Mary Kay is getting her Twi practice in at the local market and all the other issues of moving I think that we will be staying where we are for a while.

We'll be praying for you.

Charlie