About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

They are all grown up!!!

I returned home from the orphanage on Saturday night this trip was quite different as I was not able to teach English at all! I arrived too late in the evening on Friday to teach the director and the teachers, and on Saturday I was privileged to be a part of celebrating Kitija and Krista’s 18th birthday in Saldus (the larger town next to the town where the orphanage is).

It was a great time to say the least! Endija, their older sister, and Sintija, Santa, and I got up at 5am and snuck into their rooms and tied the up… Kitija was first, and we did well at not waking her up! And then we tried to do the same to Krista, but she woke up so we POUNCED! Held her down and used plastic wrap to fasten her to her bed!!!
Then we went back into Kitija’s room to see that she was waking up… so we POUNCED again!!!! And tied her up GOOD!!!
Here are some pictures:






























Then later that day we went to Saldus to celebrate at a pizza place…little did they know what I had planned ;)
A birthday party is not complete without some sort of embarrassment…right? Sooo… this is what I did!












They had a great time and so did everyone watching!!! A good day and memories to match!

(Click the photo for the full slide show)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh jaycee!!

this is why i miss you so much!