About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Gonna do it!

I have a chance to learn Latvian in a different way. I am not doing as well as I was hoping to do by now. My understanding of the language is not too bad, but my conversational Latvian is terrible. So I have decided to go to a small town about 4 hours away, a VERY SMALL town! And go through a three month intensive immersion program. It will be very hard to do this as I have already seen the great opportunity for ministry after this summer. But I cannot give up this chance to finally get the language! So I will need a lot of prayer as I enter into a new world of language learning in the next month. The program is October through December. I am praying that I will be able to find some form of transportation to and from that town, other than public transportation. As I will be commuting back and forth several times a month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend...this one seriously excites me! And makes me so jealous for an opportunity like this :D You KNOW I got yer back in praying for you before and during the language training. I am really proud of how far you have come already without ANY training and I can't wait to see how good your Latvian is after!!!