About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Merging worlds

For as many years as I can remember I have found myself in many different worlds that have never seemed to come together. In 1998 I came to Latvia for the first time, since then I have returned to this country several time, and now live here. I have also found a special place in my heart for Sweden. I went to Sweden for Bible school and it truly became a “home away from home”. I have lived in these worlds only dreaming that they would someday meet each other. But I never thought that dream would become reality.
This summer it did!

As you can see from the picture here! "my girls" who have become my family ...with my family! Words cannot explain how cool this was!













My Parents and Grandmother came to Latvia to visit me in my new place of residence. It was such a peculiar feeling as I drove them from the airport through the town I have loved for so long, yet never being able to share it with my family until that moment! Latvia was no reality for them, and everything that I talked about for so many years was no right in front of them, they could smell the smells I smelt, they saw the blinding green all around that I could never really explain, they saw the face of the Latvians that until then were just names. It was a dream that I was living out!


They were here for 10 days and it was great. For the first time I shared this “world” I have loved and longed to share for so long with the ones I love. It was a beautiful time.

But boy did I keep them busy! We walked, we drove, we flew! Toured Riga and the town. Visited several towns all around Latvia. Met with many people who have become very special to me. Spent a lot of time with “my girls” and letting them enjoy my parents and grandma. We also took a quick 2 ½ day trip to Sweden to visit the school I attended, and met some very special people who live there.

All in all it was crazy busy but so much fun! My mom kept saying, “I need to try to figure out how many miles we have traveled during this trip!” I don’t know how many they figured out, but I do know we went EVERYWHERE!!!

It was hard to see them go. It definitely was not long enough for me, but I am truly blessed by the time the Lord gave me with them!


More Photo's Here

No comments: