About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Summer coming to an end...

So summer is practically over. It is sad to say because I truly love the summer time and the ministry that goes on during the summer time. And if I am honest I definitely prefer the summer weather to the wintertime. But I do have to say that I am already excited about what God is doing because of the fruit of this summer and even into next summer and what that will look like!
During this summer I found myself on fire for what God is doing and what he can do through summer ministry here. The Lord put on my heart so many ideas and ways we can make this summer ministry into something even better.
We have so many different parts of the body of Christ come together each summer to make the summer work. Of course we have the full time JV staff here, then we have the churches that we are involved in training their youth leaders, and helping them by using a camp to jump start their youth ministry in their town. Then we have the North American Church teams that come for short term mission trips here to help run the camps. Then we have the summer interns, who are here for the whole 3 months of summer ministry teaching English, running camps, doing outreach, service projects, and much more.

Needless to say, it is a very fun but challenging task to communicate and bring it all together. God has been more than faithful in working it our over the past summers and he again did an amazing job of working it out perfectly this summer.
I cannot wait to see how he is seen and glorified in it again next year!

Just so you know it looks like I will have a big part (even bigger than this year) in the planning and running of the summer ministry this next summer. And that starts even now with communication and planning! So I have my work cut out for me, and I cannot keep my excitement in! I am stoked to start!

No comments: