About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

7 days and counting!

Packing until all hours of the night…
...up at 5:30am…
...can’t sleep...
...mind is full of thoughts of saying goodbye, saying hello, leaving the beauty of Arizona, entering the cold and dark of Latvia, thoughts of what my apartment will look like, thoughts of freezing to death, thoughts of failing, of disappointing, of falling short of expectations, of packing too much, of packing to little, of not having enough warm clothes, playing in the snow, meeting the youth where they are at, sharing the joy of Christ, wanting to go, not wanting to leave...JAYCEE!…why are you still laying in bed?… ok I think I will get up!

Get ready, head out the door, get a letter notarized for residency, go to the capital to get paper work apostilled for residency, go get passport pictures for International drivers license, go get an international drivers license, cancel my phone, cancel my gym membership, home for a minute, go to starbucks meet with a friend for the last time, say goodbye, go home grab a bite to eat, pack some more, need to buy a bigger bag! Go to the store to return bag, buy different one, to another friends house for a visit. Go home pack some more.
(Now when I say pack, I mean move things from my closet to the floor, then the floor to the bed, then from the bed back to the closet and then do it again!)
How do you pack your life up?
Any helpful hints?
I am down for any suggestions at this point!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

o boy sounds crazy

Anonymous said...

and sorry i have no suggestions.. i would be doing exactly what you are doing