About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I made it!!!

I have landed in Riga Latvia!!! My emotions are still very mixed due to the very difficult part of letting go of people I hold so dear to my heart, yet holding in my hugging arms the one here in Latvia I have longed to be with!!!
The flight was none eventful (EXCEPT the beginning! See the below posting for that story!) Very LONG though. While writing this I realize that I have been up and moving since Monday morning (with a short nap between last minute packing at 2am to 3am on Monday night!) now it is Wednesday afternoon…hmmm I should rest! (it is Wednesday at 12pm here!)
When I arrived at the airport my whole Josiah Venture team was there! Scott, Paul, Edmunds, Liva, and Lelde! And then I had 5 other welcomer's too… my orphanage girls!!!! So sweet!
So the team took my stuff left me there and I spent the rest of the day and evening with my girls. We went to coffee, then to a movie, then to dinner. It was just what I needed to “re-engage” my heart to what God is doing here! So praises to our Jesus for meeting me there (and for giving me the energy to do it!)
Then Scott came and picked me up and brought me to his house, where I will be staying until I find an apartment. I got more welcomes and hugs there as I saw Lisa and the kids! Spent the rest of tonight talking with Scott and Lisa about so many things. All I can say is that I am overwhelmed at the blessing I have in their guidance and wisdom, and especially their love for me! I feel at home! And I need that right now!

Thank you to everyone who has prayed me here thus far and for your continued prayers! You ready?...

Let the journey begin!!!!

No comments: