About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Making the "rounds"

Well if anyone was interested in reading my updates probably is not any more! Thank you for checking in even though it has been over a month since my last entry into my blog. My biggest apologies!

Right now I am sitting in Minneapolis International Airport. I just flew out of Winnipeg Canada, and now I am waiting to get back to Arizona, just to leave in a day for Canada again!

The Lord has been so amazingly gracious to me during this transition to Latvia. I have been waiting to see how finances would work out, and in the midst of the waiting the Lord just gave me probably one of he best gifts I could ask for at this time! I was offered a trip to Canada to visit many many dear friends before I leave for Latvia! What?! Oh man, I cannot even tell you how this has blessed me!

So I will be in Vancouver Canada for the next two weeks! And I just returned from the most amazing time with my dearest friend Raelynn Bailey in Winnipeg Canada. My heart has been aching deeply to see her and all of my dear friends from Canada that I came to know so intimately during my time in Sweden over a year and a half ago. I will have the opportunity now to go visit the other side of Canada and even get to attend one of my dearest roommates wedding!!! Is God amazing or what?!

On to what is happening with Latvia… I think it looks like I have finally arrived at full support! It looks like it may be pretty possible for me to leave home to start this journey by the end of October! This is looking really good! Praise God!
I know you are probably thinking the same as I am… it was April, then July, then mid-September, and now we are looking at the end of October! Trust me as much as I have hoped for each of these dates, I feel the confusion and frustration, and even disappointment in not coming to pass as soon as I would have thought!
Yet, sitting where I am at right now, I can see how much my Jesus has already stretched me, taught me, and molded me. And all of this would not have been as beneficial if I would have been granted my desire to leave when I wanted to! His ways are not the same as mine! That is for sure. But His ways are definitely what I want, no matter the confusion, frustration, or disappointment. I am content in his arms even though I am a little bit squirmy these days!
I feel like a little girl in her daddy’s lap! She wants nothing more to be in his arms, yet there is so much anticipation of life, that the father has to tell her over and over, my child if you want to sit in my lap, you will have to sit still! BUT IT IS SO HARD!!!!

An update letter will be out soon I promise! If you do not know if you are on my list please take a minute to sign up! (on the right hand column of this blog, just enter in your e-mail address and it will take you through the quick painless process) so you can get the monthly updates! They should be pretty enjoyable ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! So glad to hear that things are going well, and that in a matter of weeks you'll be in your new home! If you're anything like I was, you're really anxious to finally stop living out of a suitcase!

We're doing well. The students are awesome. We have a language partner now, so we get to put to use the wisdom of master Dwight. We've got a long ways to go...but we've made great connections with our English speaking students.

Just wanted you to know that we miss ya. Keep us posted. Have fun in Canada!!