About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I am not in “Kansas” anymore!

Well how do I explain how crappy feel right now! Hmm I guess the first sentence takes care of that!!!
Welp, today, not soo good! I mean I was a good day in the way that I am breathing, and that the sun came out (well enough to make it look like dusk!). I woke up to a rainy day, yet again. Which is fine because I was warned about this time of year and the weather. But me being me, I wore a pare of shoes that any sane human being would know that would not work for such cold wet weather, yet I didn’t give it a thought! Hmmm, and as I sit here and type this, my feet are now thawing, and unwrinkling from being soaked all day! Sweet!
On to my day at “work”.

Today’s task:
find apartments to go look at!

My thoughts:
exciting! No problem. Just looks some up, give um a call, go check it out. If I like what I see, MOVE IN!!!

Reality:
sat on my butt all day, looked…oooh too expensive! Looked some more… oooh definitely not livable!!! Looked some more…oooh this one is perrrrfect…sorry already taken!
Yup and we did that for the whole workday! Neat!

Funny thing is, I got “home” to Scott’s house and I was taking to him, and he asked me what I wanted to do, and in my most amazingly sweet demeanor I said without the least bit of sarcasm, “ hmmmm, what would I like to do? I would like to go on the Internet, find an apartment, rent the apartment and then MOVE IN!” but you know what Scott? I would actually be happy just taking the list of things I had to do today other that look for an apartment and get in my car and go complete the tasks and come back feeling like I accomplished something! But instead I come home without one thing accomplished and about 10 other things to do on top of that!! I guess that what I would like to do!”
His reply was so encouraging! He just looked at me with the utmost compassion and said, “it gonna be hard for you here!”

Oh yay!

Pray for me! (and my atittude!)

No comments: