About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

In Poland...

I am in Poland, chillin at Susan Ellis’ flat. Later tonight we will meet us with a group of single missionaries from JV -Josiah Venture (my mission organization). We will spend the first 24 hours of the Spring conference together at H2O, at camp ground just purchased by the Poland team for there ministry here in Poland! It is a great camp ground and is amazing for the youth ministry that will be done there… but it needs some work, and so along with getting crazy and hanging out with the “cool people” of JV… we will spend some time working on the grounds.

I think it will be a good time for sure!


I have only been in Poland for two days now and the Lord has hit my heart with so many things that I cannot even try to explain them all in words. You know those times when the Lord speaks to you, to you inner being, to the core of who you are, and you understand in the depths of your heart what he is communicating to you, yet to try and translate that holy word in human words just sounds so empty and nothing compared to what you have just experienced? Well this is one of those times! I have been intimately connected with my Jesus these few days, and I have so many wild and I dare to say, scandalize thoughts of what the Lord has planned for Latvia and the world, and how he has chosen someone as messed up as me to be used to accomplish a little piece of it, humbles me, excites me, and makes me fall in love with him intensely!

Being with Susan, a single female missionary here in Poland for the past 10 years has been more than a blessing. To see her in the middle of ministry and in the middle of living out life and love with her Jesus has touched me and encouraged me in a way I never thought possible. She is such a model of what I could only hope to be in the future of my ministry with my Jesus! She is undeniably Full of Christ and the joy of serving him!
We have talked about so many things that have just encouraged me and helped me regain a focus that is so easily stolen by the trails of life and living in a culture not your own.

All I can say is that so far through my time with Susan and especially my time with My Jesus thus far has opened the eyes of my heart to a clearer and brighter eye to the perspective of God!

We see so little, we think so small, our focus gets so narrow, it is only when the Lord allows us to experience the mystery of Him that we are able to start seeing through His eyes, His heart and His perspective!
I am filled with wonder as I look out into the world and unknown seeing with eyes and heart through Him!
How exciting it is to be a follower of Christ!

Here are some pictures of the view from Susan's apartment:

No comments: