About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Back from Sweden







I arrived “home” yesterday afternoon from an amazing trip to Sweden. I had a great time visiting the school that meant so much to me, and visiting people that I hold as close as family! It was a perfect time of rest, relaxation, refreshment, and lots of fun too!


This was when we decided to go sledding behind the van! ( max speed was 55km!) Crazy but sooo fun!!!


This was the night of WaterPoker!
Rules:

If you loose a hand you drink the water that was bet in that round
you loose the game if:
1. you get up
2. you throw up
3. you pee your pants!
4. all of the above :)
Daniel peed his pants!!!!! haha!



Chillin' in the Bik (a little hang out spot at the school)



I am so blessed to be able to go to a place like that with such ease. It is an amazing thing to live in Europe that’s for sure! Just hope on a plane, train, or ferry and you can get almost anywhere in Europe fast and cheap!

We spent 4 full days in Holsbybrunn, and had a blast. I did everything from playing in the snow, to gong on many walks, to visiting my dearest friend Coral and her beautiful family, to praying lots, to spending time with my Jesus, and a major part of what I did there was reflection…

Reflection on the past 4 months of my life and what God has done, what he is doing, what I am doing and how it fits with what God has called me here to do. There have been times I have already felt overwhelmed by the need here, and have started to doubt myself and the calling on my heart. i guess I was in the starting stages of “burn out”… I don’t now, I just knew I needed something, or something needed to change.

While at Holsby, I was refreshed by the heart of Matt and Coral and how they serve Christ with their lives. They have been missionaries in Sweden for many years and to watch them live out Jesus just inspired me beyond anything I could have asked for! It was beautiful to watch their surrender to Christ in every part of their life!
Thank you Coral and Matt for being examples to me, and inspiring me to press on with JOY!

Also I found out something and I am sure I will talk about this more, but I just realized something during this trip that may surprise you or may not, but I did not know this until I searched for it!

God WILL give me more than I can handle! He is in the business of giving me too much on purpose! You know it is funny because my whole Christian walk I have trusted that he will never give me more than I can handle, but I am just now realizing that that is not true and if anything is true it is the opposite! He will give me way more than I can handle so I can grow by doing three things with “the more than I can handle”

1. it will teach me to prioritize and learn how to put some things down, give
some thing up, no matter how good they are.

2. I will learn to lean on the body of Christ, my family, and hand off some of

the things that are “too much” so the body can work together.

3. I will learn to go to my source of strength and power; JESUS! For his power
is made perfect in my weakness!


So I say with expectation and excitement, I am ready for the next… whatever that is, and I hope it is more than I can handle! I want to see Jesus at work, not Jaycee !



2 comments:

nurse478 said...

AMEN!

Anonymous said...

I miss you team Latvija