About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

CoNfLiCt!!!!

So I missed yesterday, and quite honestly the way I feel and how much information and thinking I have done in the past two days, I feel like missing today’s entry as well. But I won’t for your sake!

So our topic for the past two days has been conflict! Yes! Such a comfortable subject isn’t it! Well it has been very insightful, yet I am feeling very very tired from the thought process involved in such a complex issue. I had no idea how many types; styles, personalities, and issues are involved in distinguishing between healthy conflict and unhealthy conflict!

Do you know that 80% of missionaries do not return to the same field of service because of conflict? No, not with the Nationals, but with none other than their other teammates, fellow Missionaries from the same culture!!! Wow! This brings yet another aspect of missions that really had not played out in my mind until now!

So that is what I have been learning and working through the past few days.

On another note, IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! Yes, I am yet one year older and well I am feeling pretty ok with it. I turned 26 and feeling a bit odd, yet happy and more content than I thought I would at this age! God is good, and I am looking so forward to my future with him in whatever endeavors he brings me to! So be happy with me!

I LOVE YOU ALL! Thanks for reading.

No comments: