About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Monday, June 12, 2006

I am Sorry...

I realized some things for the first time today about being a missionary, and I think that I need to apologize to everyone who I love and who has invested interest into what I am doing. (And since you are reading this, I can guarantee that I owe you an apology also)

When I decided to be a missionary it was my decision. I was willing to give up the things of this world to follow Christ into other parts of the world to be his hand and feet…yet, through this decision I have in turn made a decision for you also! A decision that you had no part of, yet are affected by! Wow!

Whether you are family, friends, co-workers, kids I mentor, prayer supporters, financial supporters, or my church community, you are invested in this! I am sorry that this is the first time that this has come to full realization on my part. Don’t get me wrong. I always have felt that you all are a HUGE part of what God is doing in this. I just never thought about the personal side of it!
Me choosing to go on the mission field, also forces you to accept that. Yes, I may be ok with the trails, the tribulation, the possible danger, or suffering, but did I think about you? Did I think about what you may feel about all of that? Not so much! And for that I am deeply sorry.

I don’t know if we really ever think fully about the ramifications of our choices. But I have found myself in a place that seems a bit uncomfortable. Knowing that you are invested in me. Invested financially, spiritually, emotionally!! Oh, my heart cries out to God, that he would give me all that I need to honor you for investing in this! Thank you for your amazing support! I am speechless.

This may not make much sense, but it does in my heart. And please know that you are valued and loved by me, and I am more than blessed to have you in my life and to be such a HUGE part of what our God is doing in Latvia!

Be blessed today and always my friends, my family!

No comments: