About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Friday, January 12, 2007

Back from "teachin"



So I am back from my first weekend officially teaching English at the orphanage! I have learned something while I was there this weekend, and that is;
Teaching English is just a way for me to come and build relationships with these kids and with the staff. I am not a teacher, and really never will be! But I do enjoy the thought of growing in friendship and relationship with the people there!

I taught English for 1 hours out of the whole weekend! The rest of the time was just hanging out, playing, eating, just living life with them! It was great! I was dead tired by the end of the weekend, but I was sooo worth it!

I will be teaching more next time, this time was just a “dry run” to see where the kids were at in their English and where I will need to start teaching. So it will look different next time, but none the less, I know that it is not the quality of my teaching skills that matter to them, it is the Quality of love I can give to them….and that my family is not a problem, since the love inside of me is CHRIST through me!!! Oh yeah!!! This is exciting!

Click photo to see more pictures

No comments: