About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

oph 2 learn sum english langage to sum kidz...

So it is four days into 2007! Crazy!

Here are a few pictures of my New Year celebration with 3 of “my girls”
Sintija (long brown hair) Santa (short brown hair) and Krista (Blonde/red hair)

It was a great time with them! I cooked spaghetti for dinner and French toast for breakfast…I KNOW!! I COOKED!!! Go figure! We set off fireworks, with only a few not going exactly up, instead, going into neighbor’s yards and blowing up (not joking!!!) and then stayed up till about 4am! It was a blast!!!

The past few days have been beautiful restful days for me here in Latvia. Not much going on and since it is the holiday I have had a chance to just take some time for myself and have enjoyed some great times with my Jesus!
Solitude is so sweet sometimes!

There is some good news to share… I might have an apartment!!! We go look at it on Monday and this one seems to be the most promising thus far! I cam see the Lords hand in this for sure, and even if we do not get this one it will be ok, I ma just really encouraged by the movement of God in my life! It is very sweet!
So if you could pray that Jesus gets his way in this whole apartment thing. I am ready to give it up to him, so he can do what he wants! I will let you know as soon as I know more…but… it is way exciting just thinking about the possibility of finally moving into a place I can call home!

So tomorrow bright and early (6am to be exact!) I will be waling out the door for my first official teaching engagement at the orphanage! I am totally unprepared and scared out of my mind at the thought of teaching English to such a wide range of ages! But I will take full confidence in Christ in me, knowing he is made perfect, he will be seen much more clearly in my weakness than in anything I ‘think’ I can do on my own!
What a blessing it is to know that he is made PERFECT in my WEAKNESS!!!!
Ahhh what a beautiful, crazy, out of the box Lord we serve!!!
I love it!!!

So I will be gone from Friday until Sunday evening…bringing “my girls” back to stay with me on Sunday night, as they go to school in Riga Monday through Friday. And then it is right back to work on Monday! Whoo hooo!!! I feel a sense of excitement in my soul for this coming year and what God has planned for us all!!!

Talk to you sooon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.