About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Good News...and...Bad News

Bad news:
I do not have Internet access anymore! Well I obviously do, but just not daily like it has been since I came here 3 months ago. I will not be able to communicate as well as I have in the past. So we will have to work at trying to connect more than we have in the past.

GOOD NEWS:
I have keys to an apartment that I will be moving into until the apartment that I will be renting out gets remodeled. The people that I will be renting from have an apartment that they are looking to sell but they are not going to sell it for a few months, so they have decided to rent it out to me while I wait for my apartment to be finished!

Sweet!

So in the next few days I will be moving from Scott and Lisa’s to a new apartment!!! This is a huge answer to prayer as I have been living out of bags since my arrival here 3 months ago.

This will definitely be an adjustment to what I have been experiencing so far. So I will need your prayer. I have been quite comfortable living with the Runzo’s (and in Paul house while he has been in the states) but now I am moving from this community that now seems like family to me, to a place that is an hour away from them and I will be on my own during that time.

No TV.
No Internet.
No phone.
No roommate.

This is so good in so many ways, but scary too!

Good because I am glad to get out of routine and out of my comfort because I have learned over the years that doing that brings me into a deeper intimacy with my savior! And that I cannot wait to experience again!

Scary because I do not know the area or anyone who lives around there, so I feel isolated and alone, I do not know the quality of the neighborhood, I will be by myself walking home, and being in the apartment.

Please pray that I look to Christ in my loneliness before I look to others. But also that I will have the confidence to reach out to others when I need community, and that Jesus would give me confidence and peace knowing that nothing can happen to me that is not part of his plan, and that I am safe in his undying grip.

Also can you pray for the moving process? This apartment is an hour away and it is on the fifth floor! So it will be fun (even though my belongings don’t consist of much) to lug everything up five flights of stairs!

I miss you all so much! thanks for the comments ;)

1 comment:

nurse478 said...

i am praying for you jaycee! call me if you need help moving. :)