About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Monday, January 29, 2007

I am Poooped!!!!

26 years old, and I feel like I am dying! Haha, can I actually say, “I am getting to old for this”? …NAH!!!!
Anyway I just returned home last night from the orphanage and I would have to say it was a pretty good time! I have bruises on my knees and legs, a big lump on the side of my head, and an aching back to prove it!!!
This weekend it snowed, and it snowed good! We woke up to lots of snow on Saturday morning, and of course what do you do in fresh snow??? PLAY!!!! And that we did!
I was tackled many times and I did some tackling myself!!! It was a blast! I got hit with a shovel to the side of my head that left me seeing stars for a bit, but other than that it was just a blast!













I taught English to the teachers and the director on Friday evening when I first arrived and then taught the kids on Saturday evening after dinner. We had two separate groups for the kids which made it way better for me! It was a lot of fun, and I just can say that I love those kids and I know that God has me there for a reason!

On Sunday morning after I packed up and was ready to leave, two of the teenage boys came and told me to go look outside… what I saw was a beautiful sight!!!
You may think; a snowman….or a snow fort…or something like that. NO1 it was better!
It was a BIG pile of snow right next the orphanage building wall (right under the window of one of the second story rooms!) I looked up and saw the window! Oh yes!!! And that when they asked me if I wanted to jump!!!
Who me? Jump from the second floor window into a pile of snow? Oh, I don’t know! That just sounds sooo….ummmm….soooo…FUN!!!!!!
Heck yes!
So I did! It was great!!!
Haha!!!

I love life! I love these Kids! I love Jesus!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep rocking for JC Jaycee. HA! But seriously go go go. He's on it, in it, through it. For certain!

Are the rumors true??? I guess i'll find out soon enough.

nurse478 said...

YAY! This looks like so much fun. And I too would probably think you were cool if I were 12...
But seriously I am praying for you and your ministry as He is working through you.
I love you!

Anonymous said...

maybe i'm on crack, which is not so unrealistic....but i don't see the slideshow from your weekend in the snow??? what's up with that?

Benjamin said...

JC,

It's funny how so many of us can end up on the same internetical place.

I am glad to see the joy you have. God bless you.

-Ben (the Ben w/ the Abby).