About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Moved in!!!!

Well, I spent my first night in my own apartment!!! This apartment is just a temporary place to stay until I can move into the one that I have actually chosen to rent.
It is getting remodeled as we speak, and should be done in a month or two.

So this apartment that I am staying in now is pretty cool, I think! Not many others have shared the same thoughts as myself though. I have had responses range from:

“ooo, that area? Well just don’t walk around at night!” (Liva)

“I think this is the area where all the criminals come from” (Baiba)

“I need you to call me every morning to make sure you are ok” (Scott)

“ I would never live here” (Baiba)

And many more!

But honestly, I don’t think it is that bad. Now, I know, you are probably laughing right now because if you know me I really don’t mind “bad” places. But I do agree that it looks a little shady around there, but it is cool.

Funny thing is I know that nothing will happen to me unless my Jesus has a plan in it. So I will rest in that.

The apartment it’s self is amazingly nice, I think. It is remodeled and looks clean. It has a great view out the window… I will post some pictures soon.
Oh yeah, and one of my favorite parts…it is about 100 yards from a graveyard! Yesss! It is beautiful! Yeah I know you may think it is creepy, but I really like it! It is quite and well just nice!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yacky....YOU HAVE a FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you didn't die before you moved into one. PTL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am praising Jesus right along with you, and I am soo happy to hear of the ways in which He is moving in your life. Even if you don't feel ecstatic, you know this is amazing evidence of His huge plans for you and Latvia. Sweet!
sooz

Anonymous said...

jaycee jensen you are truly an amazing woman of christ. i absolutly love how you are fully at peace with whatever happens. you are just simply amazing! thats all there is to it. stay strong and know that you are in EVERYONES prayers. i love you to death girly!!!