About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

December 23th, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingI arrived in Saldus, a larger town outside of where the orphanage is located to meet some of the kids who would take me the rest of the way to the small town of Lutrini, where the orphanage is located.
Once I arrived at the orphanage I was greeted with hugs and love from all the kids. It was great. I put my stuff in my room and then just spent the evening with the kids.

You probably should know that at this time in this orphanage there are not really any young kids. The youngest is Ernests and he is 9. The kids range from 9 to 18.
And if you know me that is my heart for orphans! Ever since I met Endija God has been burning this passion for teen orphans deep within my soul.

Anyway we spent the rest of that night cooking peparkukas (gingerbread cookies) and pidagi (a meat filled traditional bread from Latvia).
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
It was a good night. Then later I took “my girls” for a walk. We walked forever! But it was great just spending time talking about life wit them.

No comments: