About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Going to Estonia!

If you are reading this on December 6th or 7th I am asking that you take a minute and PRAY! I am in the process of trying to submit my papers for residency here in Latvia. So I am on my way to Estonia! Yes I said Estonia! It is the country just north of Latvia. After two days of waiting at a place here in Latvia (that I thought I was suppose to submit my papers) I found out I was in the wrong place!
Because I am representing Josiah Venture here in Latvia, for some reason I have to submit my papers outside of the country!!! Sweet!

I am almost positive most of you have experienced really long waits before, right? Like the DMV?!!! Well that is like a cakewalk compared to the waiting I just went through! …That is a story in its self! (I will write about it in my monthly update that will be out in about a week!)

So now that we got it all squared away that I was in the wrong place, I will head to Estonia with Baiba (my dear friend, translator, language helper and much more) and Lelde (my co-worker, translator, pretty much my saving grace here!) and we will try this again! But the issue comes that since this will be a 5-hour drive one way, I am praying that I will have all the papers I need, and that all goes smooth!

I am kind of running out of time to be here in Latvia without these papers too, so if you could also pray for a speedy answer also, that would be beautiful! I have been here for some odd 50 days (including the 2 weeks I was here during this past summer) and I can only be in the country legally for 90 day without that residency! The paper work usually takes about a month!!! OH SHOOT!

But cool too, cause I get to see the Lord work, yet again!

So that’s the prayer request! Be ready in a week or two for my monthly update! I am planning on sharing some funny stories, and more!

(I love when I get comments on these blog post, just to see if people actually read them, so if you have a minute, drop a comment my way!)

Thank for reading, AND PRAYING!!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will start praying right away. God uses staange circumstance to do His work. Trust that all this waiting and working has its purpose!

I tell you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you WILL HAVE TROUBLE, but take courage, I have overcome the world! john 16:33

Anonymous said...

Jaycee i love you and i miss you!
I'll be praying for you. I know that God has it all under control! (i know you know that too) I miss you jaycee...keep me in your prayers too...i have a feeling this christmas break God is going to do something big in me.

Anonymous said...

He's got it! He's got you! Jesus. HA.

Steve and Lisa said...

Jaycee, we are praying for you...for safe travels, for having all the right papers, and for receiving a speedy response. We know a little of what it's like as we are on day 160 and still waiting for my work visa to come thru. God is good and he has somehow kept us in Singapore thru it all and we haven't had to return home to Canada. We pray that you will stay close to Him and that He will do a marvelous work thru you! Take care, Steve

Brandon and Jenny said...

Jaycee! What is up girl! Oh, man, we feel your pain. Jenny and I and Deacon are going through the same...stuff in Guatemala. We love you girl.

We will pray for you tonight. God is so huge and so good. He'll work it out. But the prayers of the righteous accomplish much, so we, in the righteousness of Christ, will pray. And Steve! Hey! We really miss your family.

nurse478 said...

Praying for you, Jaycee. Have a blessed time with Baiba! Love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jaycee, I will definately be praying for you! You are amazing and I know God will work His magic yet again, cause he is just cool like that! A little update for you...I am working in the high school group at RMCC and I am absolutely loving it! God is doing AMAZING things in my life right now. Well I wish you the best of luck and you will be in my prayers.

this is "opie" Clint Opfar
my email is opie_opfar@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

just got the email. im praying for you. you told me once to never worry cause Jesus is right there with me. He's right there with you too!!! love ya.
oh p.s. this is jusi i dont have one of these accounts so i had to say that i was an 'anonymous' person.

Unknown said...

Hey, thx for the trip i had tons of fun and i will still be prying for all the papers to get done. man, i hope you won't have to see me in this condition :) oops. well i don't rally know what i want to say. love ya! AR LABU NAKTI