About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Me?...Teach English?

Haha!!! Oh how God has a sense of humor! I am back from the orphanage and back from the much anticipated “big meeting” wit th regional director of the orphanage I want to be a part of.

It went amazingly well. They are excited about me coming and are looking forward to me helping the kids with English, seeing that the teachers/caretakers, and the director are very limited in their English.

And get this! The director herself asked if I could personally meet with her and help her with her English!!! And then on Friday’s meet with the staff and have English lessons with them!!!

Soo exciting, yet sooo scary for me! I have never really taught English (other than in fun camp setting!) so we will see what God has for me in this!

So I will be going to the orphanage every other weekend to spend time with the kids, and teach English! I am sooo excited about this opportunity. Thank you for your prayers!

I also will be spending Christmas at the orphanage also…so please pray that Christ would be completely reflected in all I say and do during that time! Thank you soo much for all your love, prayers, and support!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love the big guy's humour! I'm so excited for you my friend. This is going to be an exciting time. PTL that you have this opportunity!!!!! And hopefully he'll give you a little divine intervention with the teaching :) Don't worry. You'll be fine. You'll be just fine.