About Me

My photo
Riga, Latvia
what to say... I love Latvia, I love people, and I love Jesus!!! Serving as a "lover of people" in Latvia with Josiah Venture.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Hey,
This is way too short and quick for it being the holidays and how much I really want to write…but…. I am running out of time!
I get in a bus in less than 2 hours to go to the orphanage. I will be there until Tuesday!!! It is exciting for me to know I get to spend this time with kids I care about and that usually don’t have many people around for them during this time of year. So my (huge) bag is packed full of presents for all the kids, and I am just anticipating the struggle of carrying that bag to the bus stop…ride the bus for 30 min to the edge of town…take it from the bus to the tram…get on the tram and ride it for another 40 min to the center…. and then hauling it across streets and tunnels to get to the bus station!!! Oh, the joys of public transportation!!!
But it is worth it!!! This will be a good weekend!
About this weekend can you pray specifically for the staff and me? I know I have good relationships will most, if not all of the kids… but I have a hard time connecting with the staff, as most of them do not speak English, and I think there is much more of a trust issue with them…so can you just pray that I take the Spirits lead in how I interact with them this visit? Thank you sooo much!

On another note! MY VISAAAAAAA!!!!
I had an appointment to go get it yesterday. I waited in line for 2 ½ hours… when I finally got up to the desk to see if all was well and if I was approved for my Visa…well the inevitable happened! I was in the computer….but no paper work?!!!

THEY LOST MY PAPER WORK!!!!?

So after an all day ordeal, I am here sitting at my computer with yet another day to go and see if I have been approved!
So, Dec 27th is the day now that I will go back and do it again!!!
I have been sooo stressed about this because my 90 days is almost up…if I do not get this approved before January 6th I have to leave the country!!!

Please pray for all to work out according to the Lord plan in this, and that I am willing to accept the outcome, trusting HIM!!!!

Thank you!!!

I promise to write bunches about Christmas at the orphanage and much more when I return home!

MERRY CHRISTMAS MY DEAR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!!!!

May Jesus be lifted to the HIGHEST place in your hearts and homes during this wonderful season!

No comments: